Saturday 9 July 2011

I Can See Gene Hackman


I was having a soak in the bath of a Travelodge last night (3 July), rare because it has to be a shower every time for me. Baths are for geriatrics, hypochondriacs and lazy teenagers, but back to the bath. I had overstayed my welcome. I was beginning to summon the energy to haul my fat out of the tepid water when I saw him for the first time. At first I thought my over-worked imagination was playing tricks, nevertheless I strained my eyes and looked straight ahead and to my amazement Gene Hackman’s manic eyes stared straight back. He appeared from the third tile from the right, just above the cold tap. To be honest it was Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle’s face engrained in the pattern of the blue tile.

Earlier this morning I stepped onto the shower tray for a power shower blast with some trepidation. It wasn’t long before I spotted Telly Savalas, Marlon Brando, Angelina Jolie, and oddly an uncle of mine, who sadly passed away several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment